Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
Who is the course for?
Anyone who works with children on a day to day basis i.e. childminders, teaching assistants, playgroup and play centre employees. Also parents who want to be able to deal with any emergency that may arise in the home.
What does the course involve? Candidates will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation including being able to provide first aid for children and infants that are;
- Suffering from an airway obstruction
- Suffering from shock
- Wounded and bleeding
- Suffering from a fracture or dislocation
- Suffering from a head, neck or back injury
- Suffering From a condition effecting the eyes, ears or nose
- Suffering from a chronic medical condition or sudden illness
- Experiencing the effects of extreme heat and/or cold Poisoned Bitten or stung
- Suffering from an electric shock
Are there any entry requirements?
No, there is no requirement to have ANY previous knowledge or training in order to undertake this course.
How long is the course?
The Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid consists of 2 units and is to be provided over a period of 2 days. (12 hours)
Where is the course delivered?
The course is delivered at our purpose built training facility in Westbury, however if you would like a group booking to take place in a suitable training environment that is more convenient to you, our trainers can provide mobile training at a suitable venue of your choice.
How much will this course cost?
Current course costs are £120.00, this includes VAT,examination and certification fees.
A 10% discount is available for group bookings, please contact us for further details. confirm the price on application.