Level 2 Award CCTV Operations Public Space Surveillance. The course is run over 3 days with 8 hrs home study,this is module 1 Working in the Private Security Industry, which is required to be completed prior to attending the course. The first 2 days will cover Unit 2 Working as a CCTV Operator within the […]
Level 2 Award CCTV Operations Public Space Surveillance
Level 2 Award CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance)
What does the course involve?
This qualification is split into 3 modules.
Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV Operations
- Understand the importance of communication within CCTV operations
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV System
- Understand health and safety relevant to the CCTV operator
Unit 3: Practical use of a CCTV.
- Operate CCTV Equipment.
- Demonstrate the operational use of a CCTV System.
Unit 1 studied for at home via the work book and key tasks that are contained within our download area. Each candidate is required to do a minimum of 8 hours study prior to attending the course. There is an examination on this module.
The course is assessed through 2 multiple-choice examinations and a practical assessment.
Are there any entry requirements?
Learners need to have a minimum of Level 2 English Literacy
Students MUST arrive with the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on delegate joining instructions. Delegates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
How long is the course?
This course is delivered over 3 full days and does require some evening study.
How much will this course cost?
Current course costs per candidate are £252.00, this includes VAT, course book, examination and certification fees. As a Level 2 Course, military personnel are entitled to claim up to 80% of the course costs back through their Standard Learning Credits (SLC’s).