Your first step into security can be taking Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry. Though we do recommend taking the Level 2 Door Supervision course as it opens more avenues of work and the courses are held more frequently. Students should expect to be undertaking approx. 28 […]
Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer.
Who is the course for?
The Level 2 in Security Guard course has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and provides the necessary skills and knowledge for learners who wish to apply for an SIA licence.
What does the course involve?
The course is made up of the following 3 units:
Unit 1: Working within the Private Security Industry (This module is covered by Distance Learning)
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a Security Guard within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a Security Guard.
- Understanding patrolling and why its required.
- Understanding Access and Egress Control.
- Understand how to Search and why its required.
- Understand Technology and Systems in the Security Environment.
- Understand the Law in relation to your role as a Security Guard.
- Understand Communicating, Reporting and Record Keeping.
Unit 3: Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations
Are there any entry requirements?
All learners need to have a minimum of a Level 2 in English Literacy. This qualification can only be undertaken by learners aged 18yrs old or over. Students MUST arrive with the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on delegate joining instructions. Delegates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
How long is the course?
This course is delivered over 3 full days and does require some pre-course reading and evening study.
How much will this course cost?
This course costs £228.00 which includes VAT, examination and certification fees. Each candidate will receive a course book. There is an admin charge of 3% payable when booking on-line or paying by card.As a Level 2 Course, military personnel are entitled to claim up to 80% of the course costs back through their Standard Learning Credits (SLC’s).