Level 2 Award in Up-skilling for SIA Door Supervisors Course
Level 2 Award in Upskilling SIA Door Supervisors Course (QCF)
Who is the course for?
Any door supervisor wishing to renew their licence.
What does the course involve?
This new qualification will consist of 2 units:
Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry;
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use.
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used.
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills.
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions.
Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors:
- Understand counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
- Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
- Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
The Safety Awareness unit is effectively a distance learning unit which will take the form of a workbook. The candidate will complete the workbook in their own time prior to attending a 2-day Physical Intervention (PI) course. The candidate will also take the exam for the Safety Awareness unit on day one.
Are there any entry requirements?
Learners need to have at least a Level 2in English Literacy. The course does require you to be in reasonable physical condition.
Students MUST arrive with the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on delegate joining instructions. Delegates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
How long is the course?
This course is delivered over 2 days and does require some student learning prior to the course (Normally 3 hours).
How much will this course cost?
Course costs are £126.00, this includes VAT, examination and certification fees.
How to Book.
To book a place on this course please book directly via our web site www.prosec-ltd.com or download a BLANK Booking Form. Alternatively call us directly on 01373 228055 or book via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Places can be provisionally held. Bookings are only confirmed on receipt of full payment and a fully completed booking form.