Level 2 Award CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance)
This course is designed for anyone wishing to enter the Private Security Industry in the role of CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance).
The course is 3 days in length and each candidate is required to do 8 hrs home study prior to the course starting, this covers module 1 which is the generic module for Security Guards, Door Supervisors and CCTV Operators. If you are already qualified and licensed in any of these sectors please contact us to see if you need to undertake this module.
The first 2 days are classroom based and will end with 2 multiple choice examinations. You will cover the following
- The roles and responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV staff.
- CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines.
- CCTV legislation and its impact on CCTV operations.
- Emergency procedures in the CCTV control room.
- Understand the importance of communication within the CCTV control room and with the operatives out on the ground ( Either the police or your own guards).
- You will learn the characteristics of a CCTV system (but remember every operating system is different and employers should give you training on their individual systems).
The 3rd day is practical use of the operating systems and we are lucky to be able to undertake this training in an operational CCTV room. In fact some of our students have assisted in apprehending a drug dealer during their training. You will have an assessment on the practical side of operating a CCTV system.
The cost of the course is £252.00 which includes VAT, examination and certification costs. If you book and pay online there is an admin of 3%. Of course you can always contact us either on 01373 228055 or email@example.com to book.
Prosec Consultancy Ltd are CTP registered so if you are in the military you can use your standard learning credits on this Level 2 course. Please see your education centre for the relevant paperwork.