The Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry course has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and provides the necessary skills and knowledge for learners who wish to apply for an SIA licence and work as a Door Supervisor within the private security industry. This course is not ONLY for anyone thinking of becoming a Door Supervisor in a Pub or Club, it is also for any one wishing to work as Festival Security and will also qualify candidates to work as a Static/Retail Security Guard. Complete the course with PROSEC and you could be earning extra money working at some of the UK’s biggest outdoor events including Glastonbury, Boomtown, Shambala and many other Festivals. Vacancies are always available for the right applicant.
The course is made up of the following 4 units: Unit 1: Working within the Private Security Industry (This module is covered by Distance Learning)
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the role and objectives of a door supervisor.
- Understand civil and criminal law relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand searching relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand powers of arrest relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand drug-misuse issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor.
- Understand incident recording and crime scene preservation relevant to the role of a door supervisor.
- Understand licensing law and social responsibility relevant to the role of a door supervisor.
- Understand emergency procedures which should be followed by a door supervisor.
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
Unit 3: Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations
Unit 4: Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
Are there any entry requirements? All learners need to have a minimum of a Level 2 in English Literacy. This qualification can only be undertaken by learners aged 18yrs old or over. Students MUST arrive with the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on delegate joining instructions. Delegates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
How long is the course?
This course is delivered over 4 full days and does require some pre-course reading and evening study.
How much will this course cost?
This course costs £228.00 which includes VAT, examination and certification fees. Each candidate will receive a course book. As a Level 2 Course, military personnel are entitled to claim up to 80% of the course costs back through their Standard Learning Credits (SLC’s). How to Book. Please book directly via our web site www.prosec-ltd.com. Alternatively call us directly on 01373 228055 or book via email at email@example.com. Bookings are only confirmed on receipt of full payment and a fully completed booking form. Please read our terms and conditions for full details.