Level 3 Award in First Aid Response Course
This Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) Level 3 qualification is ideal for those wishing to gain a more comprehensive understanding of first aid, along within an understanding of how important medical/environmental intelligence is when dealing with a range of casualties. The course has been approved by the Security Industry Authority (“SIA”) to support users applying for a Close Protection Licence.
The approximate course duration is 4 days; however this may be adjusted in accordance to meeting learner needs. Topics covered include:
- Roles and responsibilities of First Aiders
- Assessing an incident
- Recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- Assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness
- Correct use of an AED
- Medical provision awareness and environmental impacting factors.
The qualification is assessed via practical demonstration and portfolio of evidence.
All successful students will be issued with an HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid Response certificate, which is valid for a period of 3 years.
Occupations that can use this course:
- First Aiders
- Close Protection Operatives
- Door Supervisors
- Security Guards
- Community Responders
- People needing a more advanced course including AED
This course will be added to our list of courses as soon as the qualification is available.
Please contact our offices for more details.